
I am currently constructing the costume for a performance piece I will be doing in the up coming weeks. A few exciting things about this piece is that Michelle will be shooting it...(a lot in film) and uh well the other exciting thing is that this will be my first...performance..that I have done...like-- in public. Awesome.
Another good thing about this piece is that if people ask me, "jamie, how is your performance work cohesive with the rest of your work," I'll simply sit back, resting my palms on my ponytail and reply, "well, much like my sculpture, this piece was a real bitch to make." I am sewing a costume that has an image of me silkscreened on the front...and after spending the entire day pulling my face (ha) I am kind of wishing I just painted the son of a bitch on there...but you know...what are you going to do?



By the end of the day I turned into the egocentrically minded bastard I have always aspired to be and now can honestly say that I hate myself.
current play list:
Date Rape- Fishbone
Nugget- Cake
Headache- Frank Black
Did I Step On Your Trumpet- Danielson
Humans- Islands
Chemical Bomb- Aquabats
Not About Love- Fiona Apple
My Lady's House- Iron & Wine
No Stars- Maria Taylor
I Never Wanted You- Headphones
Holland, 1945- Neutral Milk Hotel
Love Affair- Regina Spektor
Hide and Seek- Imogen Heap
John Wayne Gacy, Jr.- Sufjan Stevens
God Bless- David Bazan
Mirror In The Bathroom (Live)- The Special Beat
Funeral Face- Suburban Kids With Biblical Names
Utah- John Linnell
Road to Joy- Bright Eyes
Hall of heads- They Might Be Giants
3 comments:
thats fucking rad, keep up the work in the studio...wow..silk screen mania, now i want to have a silk screen image of myself...how rad..muhaha
you really suck at screen printing.
Regarding the pomegranate piece:
This one time, when I was a little girl, I had gotten a new t-shirt with kittens on it. I also happened to be eating a pomegranate and got a little juice on my shirt. It was a beautiful, ruby red. It actually looked nice on the shirt, so I ended up making a ring of pomegranate juice around the kittens and it looked beautiful! Intentional, even!
I thought I was in the clear, and so did my mom. However, after a few washes, the beautiful pomegranate stain turned poop brown, and the kittens were NOT happy.
That's a memory from the vault, sort of related to your project, which I am thoroughly enjoying from thousands of miles away. Keep it up.
Regarding the reflection tshirt:
ABSOLUTELY YES!
Post a Comment