Eleanor will soon be gracing Monterey with her presence and I plan on offering myself to her along with a basket of tears, and 5 haikus I wrote about the application of the skills one acquires in college to a vocation in the drive -thru industry.
DING! voice inflection.
scurry robot, scurry now
why so slow? he asks.
Yet another ingredient added to the cruel blender of my existence would be my trip to Spirit West Coast this last friday. Despite, the opportunity to hang out with my parents and see Jars of Clay I was still determined to have a terrible time; but, circumstance swung toward the positive and like any good christian would I guess I should say 'it was a God thing' that I got to spend the entire day working on an art piece rather then plotting my ultimate overthrow of the entire event with a t-shirt that read: BAD ART = BAD RELIGION, SO UNPLUG AND GO HOME...but I found that these t-shirts were subconsciously doing the work for me.

Soon my observations and documentation of such shirts and their proprietors turned to inquiry and then interview and finally landed on what I like to call...seeking out the ignorant Christian youth of America and then gently planting the beautiful seed of doubt. Sure, I was feeling a bit angry that day and yes, I was taking it out of God's children but...I don't care. The way I see it is regardless of the fact that I may have just sealed my spot in hell, my goal wasn't to harvest atheists but rather, thoughtful individuals; believe in God, please...but don't be an idiot about it...basically, don't be me when I was 17. I will be posting some images in the following weeks of finished pieces on this subject...they will be different...they will involve photography, so I apologize in advance.
Godspeed,
J.R.
ps. happy 23rd to the MADDOX.
No comments:
Post a Comment