Saturday, December 06, 2008

back to play...

When I'm not in my studio I am mostly an atheist; on the job, in the grocery store or taking a shit I consider myself mostly an agnostic. This morning I woke at 7...well, 7:30...ate, pressed some coffee, stalked some old schoolmates on facebook, and then told myself to go to my studio. I mainly just walked around and picked up some trash; I have plenty of deadlines but this morning all I can do is pick up paper, sweep, and empty the cat box. I attempted to revive a dying silk screen, and as I pressed bleach through screen I started to hear that familiar church song that Rothko never found despite L'Engle's entire body of work. Everyday, every moment I'll have to reconsider my spirituality, but this morning the aroma of God came to me through bleach burning my nose.


wood glue!

2 comments:

Libby said...

Jamie, how I love thee.

dnhamby said...

God seems to like the studio. He meets me there too. ;)