Friday, April 06, 2007

I've fallen for a lamp post...

You know, it is a bitter-sweet thing...the internet. It is like that friend who is everything you want them to be, but their "yes man" qualities more often harm you then not. The internet seems to be a perfect paradox for the lonely. For example if you are a proactive lonely person (which is the best kind to be) there are sites like eharmony or myspace to aid one in finding a friend or companion. But for the rest of us sites like myspace are more useful for internet stalking (we all do it) of past loves, likes, and regrets. All of the information you want to know about an ex is all over the web and with sites like facebook one could even check up on their current status. All that to say, right now as I sit in my bed feeling sick and rather lonely the internet is doing its job...giving me immediate information about people I miss a whole lot.

No comments: